Slow unlock on macbook pro
Do you face a latence of few seconds when unlocking your macbook pro with or without Touch Id ? Is you “lock” in security preferences slow to “Unlock” ?
This situation can easily be fixed with those 3 methods :
How to reset SMC on Macbook with a T2 Chip
- Shut down your Macbook Air / Macbook Pro
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release the button.
If the issue persists , reset the SMC :
- Shut down your Mac
- On your built-in keyboard press the following simultaneously :
- Keep holding those three keys for 7 seconds and then press and hold the power button as well. If your Mac is on, it will automatically turn off as you hold those keys.
Control on the left side of your keyboard
Option(Alt) on the left side of your keyboard
Shift on the right side of your keyboard
- Keep holding all four keys for another 7 seconds and then release them.
- Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac
If the above didn’t work and your Mac is still slow
An other solution would be to change the profile picture linked to your user account. Sometimes the picture that is linked to your icloud can be “broken” and then slow down the security process.
You need more help ? Leave us a message !